Occasionally I see a tag somewhere that catches my eye and makes me think, “Hey, that’s a bandwagon I should jump on.”
This tag was created by Nineties LoveChild, one of my favorite small creators on YouTube. This is not her actual name, but I won’t insult her by attempting to spell her name. She and I share a lot of opinions about makeup, new releases and beauty gurus behaving badly. We also love a dark and witchy aesthetic. I like her. If you haven’t subscribed to her you should.
So, she created this and now I’m going to use it for views. Thanks Sariya (I’m so sorry)!
1. How much do you spend on makeup a month? A year?
The short answer is: I don’t know. I’m diamond at Ulta but barely kept my Sephora VIB status last year, if that gives you an idea. Whatever the amount is, it’s too much.
2. Do you ever feel guilty about how much you spend on makeup?
I wouldn’t say guilty, per se. Like, my bills are paid, I invest, I have a 401k, I’m being a financially responsible adult so I don’t think I have anything to feel guilty about, but I also know I need to spend less. Specifically on makeup and books.
3. Do you get ‘FOMO’ related to makeup releases?
YES. Holy crap, yes, especially when it comes to some holiday and limited edition stuff. Like I’m still kicking myself for not buying the Hourglass Ambient Edit Unlocked last year when it had the good packaging.
4. Do you purchase or keep items simply because they are limited edition?
It depends on the item. I kept the Urban Decay Pulp Fiction palette until it fell apart, and why? It was literally just brown, black and white. But it was a tie-in with one of my favorite movies of all time and I loved it. I also held off buying the Game of Thrones collection, even though it’s my favorite show of all time. So yeah, it just depends.
5. Would you be willing to pay more money for a sold out product online?
Um no. Definitely not.
6. Do you wish you could spend more? Or less?
I wish I didn’t feel the need to spend as much. I definitely don’t wish I could spend more, and I could spend less if I didn’t look at things and think “OH BUT IT’S SO PRETTY!”
7. Do you feel compelled to buy something when you see it in someone else’s collection?
No, not only because of that. If they use it regularly and love it and can’t shut up about it and I generally trust them, then maybe.
8. Do you buy more during the holidays?
Yes, but not for me, so it doesn’t count.
9. Have you ever hidden a makeup purchase from family or friends?
Not from people who aren’t abusive and didn’t want me to have or spend my own money.
10. Do you have more than ten products in your collection that you have not used in over a month?
Uh, yeah, doesn’t everyone? Really though, I’d like to cut waaaaay down on this.
11. Have you ever been pressured to purchase something you could not afford or did not need?
No, never. Though I’d be lying if I said I never thought about putting a Louboutin lipstick on a credit card and paying it off in installments.
12. Do you purchase makeup for collector reasons?
Not solely for collection reasons. I don’t feel compelled to buy an entire collection for completion reasons.
13. In your makeup journey have you become less or more consumeristic?
Less, for sure, but there’s also fewer releases that are worth my money, so it’s not just me.
If you’re reading this, tag, you’re it! I’d love to see your responses, so make sure you drop your post links in the comments.
Leave a Reply